Best Rustic Potato Soup Recipe
At Hilltop Country Day School we take pride in our outdoor classroom and environmental science curriculum. Our fourth graders harvested a wonderful crop of potatoes from our potato patch this fall and from that haul we whipped up a delectable rustic potato soup. From our Hilltop table to yours, enjoy!
- Potatoes, washed well, cut into 1 inch cubes, no need to peel
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- Chicken or vegetable broth, just enough to barely cover the potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dill or Parsley
- Milk or cream
- Simmer until potatoes are very soft and break apart easily.
- Add a pinch of herbs when potatoes are almost done.
- Add enough milk or cream to make the soup the consistency you like.
- Bring back to a simmer, just enough to heat the milk.
- Adjust all ingredients depending upon how much you want to make.
- For a creamier soup, use a blender to puree some of the soup.