11 Tips to Make the Most of Your Kid’s Spring Break
This year your spring break may be more along the lines of the staycation, but that’s OK! Here are 11 great ideas for setting aside intentional time for creating memories for the WHOLE family.:
1. Make some rules: such as, no phones and other electronic devices during activity times
2. As a family make a wish list of things you would like to do during spring break. Call my family crazy, but nearly every break someone in my family adds painting their bedroom a new color to the list!
3. Movie Marathon – introduce your kids to your favorite movies (as a child) or make a list together. “The Ugly Dachshund” is one of ours – my mom shared it with my brother and me and I, in turn, have shared the movie with my children.
4. Sundae Sunday- Stock up on ice cream and toppings or dust off the ice cream maker that sits in the back of the closet or better yet make ice cream in a bag!
5. Try a virtual field trip.
6. Be a tourist in your own town. This must be someplace new!
7. Visit a Farmers Market – Sparta, Denville and Morris County/Alexander Hamilton School host farmer markets year round.
8. Try something new like Laser Tag or Bowling
9. Host a Family Game Night Tournament
10. Visit a National Park in New Jersey
11. Start your summer garden indoors. My kids like to plant wheatgrass in a container and once it begins sprouting they hide a variety of toy bugs.
Spring break takes on a variety of forms depending on the year, your family or the weather. Nonetheless, it is time to carve out time to rejuvenate, think spring and create new traditions while enjoying time with your family. Make the most of it!