LEARNING EXTENDS BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
The Extended Day Program provides supervised before and/or after school care for students in all grades. The program offers quality care in a mixed age environment. The purpose of the program is to meet the needs of both students and parents. Students are provided a welcoming place in which to play games, work on projects or spend time with friends. Parents are given a convenient flexible childcare option. The Extended Day Program serves all students on either an occasional or a regular basis.
MORNING EXTENDED DAY
- Early Childhood and Lower School students meet in the library if they arrive prior to 7:45 a.m. Upper School students meet in the English room if they arrive prior to 7:45 a.m.
AFTERNOON EXTENDED DAY
- The afternoon Extended Day Program begins immediately at the end of the regular school day. Students in kindergarten through grade 8 will report directly to their assigned Homework Help room. At 4 p.m., the students attending Homework Help will sign in to the Extended Day program. Children in kindergarten through grade 8 participating in Hilltop’s afternoon Extended Day Program are required to attend Homework Help until 4 p.m.
- Preschool, Prekindergarten and Kindergarten meet in the preschool classroom which is set up with games, books, blocks, crafts and play equipment. Children are offered a snack and spend time outdoors.
- Students in Grades 1-8 use the library and have access to the computer lab, library and areas set up for board games, reading and studying. Students may bring a light snack from home and will have time outdoors or in the All-Purpose room.
Our Enrichment Programs encompass an array of activities, which dovetail with Hilltop’s mission and are run by a talented and motivated staff. A robust list of offerings affords children the opportunity to pursue new interests and build upon the ones they have experienced during the school day.
- A variety of Enrichment Programs are offered between 3- 6:30 p.m.
- Please click here to view our full slate of current Enrichment Programs.