LEARNING EXTENDS BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
The Extended Day Program provides supervised before and/or after school care for students in all grades. The program offers quality care in a mixed age environment. The purpose of the program is to meet the needs of both students and parents. Students are provided a welcoming place in which to play games, work on projects or spend time with friends. Parents are given a convenient flexible childcare option. The Extended Day Program serves all students on either an occasional or a regular basis.
MORNING EXTENDED DAY
- Early Childhood and Lower School students meet in the library if they arrive prior to 7:45 a.m. Upper School students meet in the English room if they arrive prior to 7:45 a.m. Morning Extended Day is $10 per hour (billed by the quarter hour).
AFTERNOON EXTENDED DAY
- The afternoon Extended Day Program begins immediately at the end of the regular school day. Afternoon Extended Day is $10 per hour (billed by the quarter hour). Students in kindergarten through grade 8 will report directly to their assigned Homework Help room. At 4 p.m., the students attending Homework Help will sign in to the Extended Day program. Children in kindergarten through grade 8 participating in Hilltop’s afternoon Extended Day Program are required to attend Homework Help until 4 p.m. Homework Help is $12 per hour (billed by the quarter hour).
- Preschool, Prekindergarten and Kindergarten meet in the preschool classroom which is set up with games, books, blocks, crafts and play equipment. Children are offered a snack and spend time outdoors.
- Students in Grades 1-8 use the library and have access to the computer lab, library and areas set up for board games, reading and studying. Students may bring a light snack from home and will have time outdoors or in the All-Purpose room.
Our Enrichment Programs encompass an array of activities, which dovetail with Hilltop’s mission and are run by a talented and motivated staff. A robust list of offerings affords children the opportunity to pursue new interests and build upon the ones they have experienced during the school day. You will not be billed for Extended Day or Homework Help if your child is waiting for an Enrichment Program or music class to start. Students who are not picked up by the designated end time will be signed into Extended Day.
- A variety of Enrichment Programs are offered between 3- 6:30 p.m.
- Please click here to view our full slate of current Enrichment Programs.